Heritage and Traditional Owners
One of Atlas Iron's key values is thinking win-win, a value which guides our strong relationships with the Traditional Owners of the lands on which we operate.
Atlas Iron has a number of Native Title Agreements that provide for on-going development within the relevant Traditional Lands. These agreements develop Aboriginal employment and business opportunities and enshrine heritage protocols that allow for the protection of culturally significant areas and objects.
Atlas Iron is proud of its relationships with Aboriginal and local stakeholders in the Pilbara region. The Atlas Iron goal is to provide economic opportunities as well as positive cultural and environmental outcomes from its mining, exploration and community activities.
To achieve this Atlas Iron:
- works with Traditional Owner partners to improve the wellbeing of Aboriginal people within its operating areas;
- continues to develop and increase its Aboriginal workforce;
- maintains partnerships with Aboriginal and local communities to develop sustainable economic business opportunities;
- demonstrates respect for Aboriginal relationship to land throughout all aspects of its business;
- builds and maintains positive relationships with Aboriginal and local stakeholder communities;
- actively supports the delivery of cross cultural awareness training to its entire workforce.
Please click here to view Atlas' Aboriginal Relations Policy.